FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL SOLAR SAVE ME ON MY BILLS?
While solar power can certainly save you money on electricity bills, the question most people want to know is how much? To work out how much you can expect to save once you have solar power installed, there are a variety of different factors to consider. This includes your average energy consumption, your usage patterns, your feed-in tariff rate, and the size of the proposed solar system. On average, you could cave anywhere from 30% to 80%.
WHAT ARE THE REBATES AVAILABLE ON SOLAR?
There are a number of rebates and other incentives available in South Australia, which is why so many people are choosing to invest in solar. The main ones to look at are:
- Australian Federal: Rebate As long as you purchase your solar panels from an accredited installer like Lumico Solar & Electrical, you’ll receive a form of solar rebate called STCs (Small-scale Technology Certificates), which reduces the total cost of a solar system purchase. The rebate amount varies depending on the size of the solar system and how many hours of sunshine your location receives per day.
- Federal Solar Rebate: In order to receive South Australia’s Federal Solar Rebate, you must have your system installed by an accredited CEC installer. Also, your panels, your inverter, and your lithium battery if you purchase one, must all be one of the approved manufacturers as per the CEC (Clean Energy Council).
- SA Home Battery Scheme: Additionally, you can also obtain a rebate through South Australia’s Home Battery Scheme. With this scheme, you can access $300 for each kWh of storage capacity in the batteries you install, up to a maximum amount of $3,000.
- Feed-In Tariffs In South Australia: You can also receive another financial incentive known as the Solar Feed-In Tariff. The tariffs in South Australia are set by electricity retailers, which are typically between 9.5c and 16c for each kilowatt hour of electricity that you send back to the grid.
DO YOU PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEES AND INSURANCES?
Because guarantees and insurances will be used to protect your solar investment, they are collectively an important area of any installation. There are 4 different kinds of solar warranties that ensure you are covered, which are broken up like this:
● Our Panel Performance Warranty is the industry standard of 25 years
● Our Panel Product Warranty is 10-25 years
● Our Inverter Warranty is 5 years, but we also offer an optional 10-year upgrade depending on the manufacturer
● Our Installation Warranty is also 5 years
WILL I EVER NEED TO REPLACE MY SOLAR PANELS?
It depends. As a general rule of thumb for the industry as a whole, premium quality solar panels should last around 20 to 25 years. That doesn't mean the panels stop producing electricity, but rather, energy production for the panel has declined to the point that manufacturers consider significant.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SYSTEM IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Choosing the right components for a solar system is a crucial decision that can be the difference between a reliable energy source that makes a significant contribution to the overall reduction of your electricity bills… and having a shiny lemon that sits on your roof and causes continuous stress.
The best way to maximise financial returns from your solar energy system is to ensure that you get the right size system that provides the optimum results. The specifics will depend on a few issues such as your average electricity use and, even more importantly, what time of the day you use it. To find out the specifics for you, talk to one of our solar experts today.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY SYSTEM?
As Lumico Solar & Electrical are a full-service corporation, we look after everything for you from initial paperwork and council approval (where required) to system approval on electrical networks and installation to aftercare support. Our friendly team of professional tradesmen are available to help you with any queries from the moment you place your order. When you choose Lumico Solar & Electrical, you’re choosing a long-term relationship with a team of professionals who actually care, so contact us directly if you ever have any issues or queries at all.